We are still waiting to get our CD with our family pictures on it. I can't wait to get it and post all of the pictures :)
Henry and eating have not been very good companions for, oh ,the last 6 months or so. I mean the kid eats like half a handful of food and says he is good for the day. I know, I know... "some kids just don't eat that much." Well when you are that child's mother you feel like you are starving them each day. We have tried all sorts of tricks and still he has not wanted to eat much at all. BUT, this past week we have made some breakthroughs with his eating habits... or tastes.
The other day, Mackay and I were trying to figure out what to have for dinner. Mackay always likes to find a carb (pasta, rice, etc.), and then a meat, and so forth. Well he mentioned rice and I said I did not feel like that. So we were about to move on until Henry started yelling, "Rai, rai, rai!" In case you are wondering, that is how he says "rice." So Mom was out-voted that night, and we had rice. I think Henry has had rice every night since then. He asks for it at every meal and downs it like there is no tomorrow. So I am going to have to find a few more ways to make rice because sticky rice everyday sounds nasty to me, though my boys would be in heaven :)
OK, next food story. Mackay and I celebrated Valentines Day last night, so I made Mackay's favorite food for dinner: salmon. I made some extra just in case Henry wanted to eat some. And boy am I glad I did. He ate as much salmon as I did! To really appreciate this, you have to understand what a hard time we have had getting Henry to eat any kind of meat at all. He does not like sandwiches with meat on them - he only wants the cheese; he will not eat the hamburger in Shepherds Pie but only wants the potatoes and green beans; and on and on. I think Spaghetti is the only meal we have made that he will eat the meat in. So Mackay and I were shocked when Henry just downed a whole salmon filet. Haha he even finished before I did and then asked both me and Mackay for ours :)
Conclusion: my son has very expensive tastes :)
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment