Monday, May 28, 2012

Our little two year old!

We started out the day with making Henry's birthday cupcakes. Henry really enjoyed pouring all the ingredients into the bowl and then watching it mix. I think his favorite part though was getting to lick the whisk when it was all done mixing :) Here are some pictures of him enjoying the spoils! 



A few drizzles from Henry's whisk :)

The cake batter.
The night before Henry's birthday I decorated the living room by stringing a bunch of balloons together and making him a birthday sign. He was so excited to come out on his birthday to all the balloons and he even liked the sign!



He had this cute "Birthday Boy" shirt from Grandma Carol. I just couldn't resist having him wear it for his birthday:)


I love how his cupcakes turned out! I was not planning on putting any food coloring in the frosting because of stains. But once I put the candles in they just looked so boring. I had the idea of polka dots and Mackay gave me the idea of using a q-tip dipped in the food coloring to get the perfect dots. It was so much fun to decorate and I love the finished product!



We had a little party for Henry with a couple of his friends. Since Mackay's birthday was last week Henry learned that he would get to blow out candles on his birthday. From the moment he woke up and knew it was his birthday he was begging to blow out candles. I told him he had to wait for his friends to get here. Well he understood me better than I had thought because when the first friend arrived Henry happily yelled "FIRE" in their face. Haha it was so funny. Here are some pictures of us singing to him and blowing out the candles.


He blew them out in one breath! I was impressed.


Enjoying the goods!



Next we did gifts. Mackay and I didn't get the presents wrapped but Henry didn't seem to mind one bit :)




This fan is his absolute favorite!

Mackay and I got this at the thrift store for $3! And Henry loves it!

Last of all birthday cards.
We had a great time celebrating Henry. Mackay and I feel so blessed to have this precious little boy as part of our family! Thanks to all who helped make his day special!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Henry! Looks like you had a wonderful day! You got some fun presents and we love your cupcakes! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete