Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sorry!

So much for all the updates I promised over Christmas break. Haha my break ended up being much busier than I had anticipated. It was still lots of fun, just not super lazy. I did a good amount of sleeping in which helped; haha but since Mackay and I were so excited to get to spend time together we often stayed up way too late talking. I must say if I had to pick a problem to have in a marriage it would be the one we have...talking to each other too much!

We just stayed here at home and did Christmas by ourselves. It was very enjoyable and I think the best decision for this year with all its craziness. We got to see lots of friends and family who live around here that we don't normally get to see during the school year. We very much enjoyed that as well.

I got to see my high school best friend when she and her family came out here for her brother's wedding. It was a sweet reunion and I wish we could have spent more time together. But I am thankful for the time we got to spend.

Over the past month or so Henry has become an expert at sitting up...until last night when he toppled over three times in 15 minutes...but that was just a random time. He is now eating solid foods and wants me to give him breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This is a bit of a change from just being able to nurse him but has given me a little bit more freedom in my time away from him. It has been is nice since my class schedule this semester is not very conducive to nursing. When he feels like it, Henry can stand up, leaning against the couch for support. He is still working on crawling and is making a little bit of progress. I took him to the doctor yesterday because he has a rash and it turns out that I gave the poor kid my eczema...dumb! But I started putting the creams on him and it is already looking much better.

I was thinking that this was going to be my easiest semester thus far but that was a lie. None of my classes are particularly challenging conceptually they just all have a lot of busy work which is hard with a little baby who wants my attention. I was feeling pretty down about this and wondering how the semester was going to work and then we watched the CES Fireside last Sunday. Elder Christofferson spoke about asking the Lord for our daily bread (the help we need to get through today and relying on Christ today) each day in our prayers. I seriously felt like he was talking just to me. I have started utilizing what he taught and my life has been so much more manageable. I am so thankful for the Gospel!!!

Below are just some pictures and a video of what we have been doing! Hope you all enjoy!

Our Japanese New Years decoration

Mackay's friend from Japan sent us these traditional New Years rice snacks, mochi. Here we are about to eat them! And no Mackay is not trying to grow a beard. He had just not shaved for a few days.

Henry opening one of the Christmas presents

Henry and Dad chilling

We got TONS of snow

Our Christmas Tree decorated with Henry's toys! :)

Henry enjoying his favorite, sweet potatoes

Sledding with Henry!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea to decorate the tree with toys! How old is Henry now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 1/2 months!He is at one of the most fun stages!

    ReplyDelete