Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2 weeks and I'm a momma!!!

Mackay and I went to our doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. I am at the point that I have to go every week. At our one the week before I was dilated to a 1 and Henry was at a zero station. This means I have started making progress towards labor and that Henry's head is dropped pretty darn low. So this week Dr. Young was not going to check my progress (I think he had forgotten how low Henry was) but I asked him to and he was totally willing. I am not dilated to a 2 and Dr. Young did not say what station Henry was but he was very surprised by how low he was and commented that it must feel like the baby is going to fall out at any moment. :) This was all really good news...but the best news came when Dr. Young offered to schedule an induction a week before my due date, if I make it that long! So of course I took him up on the offer and we have scheduled the induction for two weeks from Wednesday which is the 26th of May!!! So at latest Henry will be making his appearance on May 26th! Now this may sound funny to some but I consider this a Tender Mercy of the Lord! My Sister In-law and her friend both went to Dr. Young and neither of them were induced until a week after their due dates...thus Dr. Young does not offer inductions early. Over the past two weeks I have been really struggling with the hormones and my body is just done being pregnant. The Lord really does watch over us with a keen eye and ear! I love Him so very much!

1 comment:

  1. One more day, and we would have shared a birthday! :0) But seriously, tender mercies are wonderful, especially at a time like this. And now you're holding your sweet baby in your arms!

    ReplyDelete