Saturday, March 12, 2011

Henry's new skills Crawling and Shooting!

As many of you already know Henry is
 a crawling
machine!
 Thursday of last week Henry unveiled his crawling skills to Christie and I. So of course I wanted Mackay to see it but low and behold Henry decided not to crawl Thursday evening and all day Friday. The little stinker! Haha but Saturday morning while I was doing my hair just up and crawled out of my room right into his! He is now crawling all over the house! Now that he is mobile he loves to crawl to doors, like bedroom doors, and open and close them. He loves to shut me in the bathroom. Anytime he knows that I am in the bathroom he high tales it down the hall and boy is it cute!
Henry is so much happier since he has learned to crawl. Before he could crawl he was always sitting on the floor just yelling because he was so frustrated with being stuck there. I would often talk about how excited I was for Henry to start crawling and inevitably I would have someone tell me that I would only want it until it happened and then I would hate that he got into everything. This has definitely not been the case. Yes it is a little annoying that he gets into everything but we have the happiest little guy and so it is totally worth it! He will be crawling around and then just look up at Mackay and I and give us the biggest smile and then go about his business. I love that he can crawl! I know this is awful but I do not have any videos of Henry crawling yet. As soon as I get some I will post them!














Now onto Henry's next skill. As many of you know I love shooting guns. No I do not hunt, not that I think it is bad, I just like to shoot targets and clay pigeons. Well I have not been shooting in over  two years even though Mackay went a bunch last spring. (you can't shoot when you are pregnant.) I also married into a family that loves shooting as well. So a few weekends ago Mackay's little brother came down to visit and we decided to go shooting. Well we got about half way to our destination when it started raining. So we turned around and went grocery shopping instead. When Jordan left we all agreed that the next time he came, weather permitting, we would go shooting. As you may have already guessed Jordan returned this weekend and we went shooting! It was so much fun, the weather was beautiful, birds were chirping, and we had a lovely morning. Henry got his first chance at shoot'n guns! But of course he was already so skilled he first gave Dad some pointers,

then he gave Mom some pointers,














and then of course he couldn't miss giving Uncle Jordan a pointer or two.

 I just thought this was a precious picture of father and son.


Henry trying to escape and see the world!

The boys

What do you think of this for a new Hyundai advertisement?
"Hyundai, with you from boy to man"

Brothers having a great time!

Now it is business time.
We had a great time seeing Jordan and look forward to seeing him again around graduation time! (5 weeks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment