Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I think I have lost my brain but it is fun :)

So my newest crazy goal is to run a half marathon in May! I was talking with Meagan, my sister in-law, today and she inspired me to start working towards something in my exercising. She will be running a half marathon next week. So I started looking up 5Ks in my area and realized that none of them are until next spring...much longer than I need to train for one (haha at least that is what I think :) ) so then I started looking at half marathons and realized that I have the perfect amount of time to prep for one that happens in May! I am so excited! If there are any of you out there who read my blog that would like to train with me, let me know and we can talk! I start training next week and am itching to start :) Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. OOOOHH I might be interested!!! This baby flab has got to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am going to do a combination of training programs since it is so far away. I'm going to start a 7 week program that gets you ready for a 5K next week and it ends just before Christmas break. I am going to take Christmas break off from running and then start the 7 week thing again (maybe accelerated though) to recondition myself. That will lead me right into a 13 week course for a half marathon that will bring me right to the date of the race. Let me know if you still think it sounds cool and we can talk about running times and stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for it!! the hardest part would be trying to find a good time to run, but once we figure that out, i'm in!!!

    ReplyDelete