I have been trying lately to be a nice mom. Not that I would consider myself a mean mom but I sure can get grumpy and annoyed. Well I think that I have been doing good lately because of how Henry has been acting. Henry is obsessed with Mickey Mouse. He watches Mickey every morning from 10-11. Usually when he watches Mickey our house could burn down and he would not even notice. Because he is so glued to the TV, and Julia is usually napping, I take the opportunity to have scripture study. So, back to Henry, since I have been nicer lately he has been leaving Mickey to come and sit with me while I have scripture study! Can I just say that makes me feel awesome! The last few times he has come in I have told him he is my friend. He then responds with a hug and a "you're my friend too Mommy". Best thing ever! Well today I was laying down next to him trying to get him to take a nap. And we had a conversation that went like this:
Me: Henry you are my good friend!
Henry: You are my friend too Mommy!
Me: Henry I hope we are friends forever and ever!
Henry: No.
Me: Well how long do you want to be friends for?
Henry: Hmm for a second Mommy.
Me: Haha O.K. Henry we can be friends for a second.
Now you are probably thinking, like Mackay thought when I told him this story, that Henry was being a stinker. But he wasn't. I think a second was the only measurement of time he understood and so he used it. I sure do love my little boy! Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done but I would not change a thing about it. Other than maybe get a bit better at being a mom for my sweet kiddos.
Thanks Henry for making my life so crazy and fun! I hope we are friends for many seconds!
Love Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment